Sunday, August 24, 2014

Food Review: Firecakes Donuts Chicago



So many flavors to choose from!


I didn't know where to start. It may have been sick that I authorized each one of my kids to pick two donuts out to try, knowing full well that we would be eating Chicago Deep Dish pizza soon after this adventure but I wanted to try them all!

My favorite (which I picked myself, thank you) was this little (it was about 1/2 the size of a regular donut) one with maple glaze, grilled pineapple and bacon. Really, you can never go wrong with bacon so it was delicious because of that alone. But truly, it was very soft, had a nice glaze, and was not too greasy.


Other offerings at Firecakes we tried included an Almond Joy which was covered with dark chocolate and almonds but filled with a coconut cream custard. I was much more enamored with it than my kids or husband because it was dark chocolate. It was good dark chocolate I might add. Malted Milk Ball, Old Fashioned Buttermilk and Vanilla Glazed were also tasted.

I recommend the one featured here in the photo. Even if you don't do donuts too often, how can you refuse bacon?

No comments:

Post a Comment