Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunshine Margarita



Refreshing and Light


This week was our second week of afternoon cocktails and featured another experiment. I really like the Southern Margarita at Sweet Lorraine's and thought we would try to make our own homemade version. I don't know much about making margaritas from scratch (it's usually something I order out) but I knew we didn't want any of those mixes in the ingredients.

I must confess that I tried to make this last night as well, using the vintage mixing glass I have as reference for a recipe. I have learned from that experience that cocktails in the 1960's must have been pretty strong as there was much alcohol than the lemon juice (Why lemon is beyond me - maybe they didn't have limes in those days?).

So today I really cut back on the alcohol and upped the orange juice. This is what we came up with:


The Sunshine Margarita

2 oz Orange Juice
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Silver Tequila
1/3 oz Grand Marnier
Ice Cube
Salt for Rim

Place cubes in a shaker, pour in the liquid ingredients. Shake gently for about 10 seconds. Strain into a glass with more ice cubes that has been rimmed with a coarse layer of salt.

Delicious with chips. I would not change a thing on this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment