Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baked Spaghetti . . .

Sometimes it just has to be easy! 


Baked spaghetti is easy and 3 out of 4 Hendrens will eat it. That's a pretty good rating around here. Just cook a box of pasta and drain. Because you are using it in a dish that requires baking, I cook the minimal amount (about 6 minutes). I place it in a greased casserole dish and stir in a 1/2 jar of sauce. Top the dish with slices of mozzarella cheese

Mozzarella Cheese makes it so much better!

Bake at 350 degrees. It's as easy as that. We had some yummy white bread topped with sesame seeds and some chicken apple sausage to round out our meal tonight.

I have found that besides the box of pasta, everything else will make two dinners!

Yummy Cheese Goodness

Now of course, staring at the photo and contemplating (because I always think about ways to add to food and put a new spin on it), I'm thinking that tossing some other additions into the pasta before topping with the cheese would be good. If it was for me, not the family, I would probably add green olives, sun dried tomatoes (because they are good in almost anything) and pine nuts. Maybe some crumbled sausage?

What would you add? We could have a Baked Spaghetti Challenge! I challenge you!

2 comments:

  1. You've triggered a memory! Maybe more than one. My family made something we called Baked Spaghetti, but it was much different than your recipe. Will search the archives and see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salli, please do. Always looking for more ideas and if it has cheese 3/4 Hendrens may eat it!

    ReplyDelete