Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cheesy Shrimp Dip and Blue Corn Tortilla Chips

It's Time to Experiment with Small Plate Treats!


The weather is getting warmer and I want to be ready for eating and entertaining on the deck. While it's not quite hot enough today to me to sit outside there without physical activity to keep warm, we are getting ready.

I decided to try this Paula Deen recipe for cheesy shrimp dip I found on Pinterest. Of course there had to be a few changes (less red pepper as I live with carnivores, no green onion at all) but for the most part we stayed true to the original post. I did use frozen shrimp, jumbo red ones, from Trader Joe's as I didn't want to search for fresh ones. We also used blue corn tortilla chips instead of crackers which we get at Trader Joe's.

I do think next time I make this I'm going to add a little heat, with a couple doses of Siracha!

Here is the recipe as we made it:

 

Cheesy Shrimp Dip 

Recipe:

1/2 stick of butter
1/3 cup chopped fresh red bell pepper
1 tsp of chopped shallots
1 pound frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed and drained, then chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozeralla cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips


Directions:

Melt butter in large saute pan and add bell peppers and shallots. Saute for about 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp to pan and cook until pink.

Add sour cream and cheeses and stir until melted. Place in a casserole or over proof dish and put in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown and bubble.

Serve with chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment