Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Twist on the Traditional Candelabra

Inspiration Found at a Local Restaurant

But we Made it our Own


I really like Local Kitchen and Bar Restaurant in nearby Ferndale, Michigan. Wonderful food and a great atmosphere. It really does feel homey, like you really may be in someone's kitchen with all the wonderful vintage knick-knacks and distressed wood that I adore. One of the things that I really admired there was there use of old vintage scales that they had scattered among the place as candle holders. These were the old vintage kitchen scales, with a candle sitting on top of the tray used for measuring and I've been looking for just the right one for about a year now.


However, today, I found this gem at the Royal Oak Farmer's Market and decided that I liked it even better! I visualized it with two red pillar candles on it. Now you can see these are brand new candles but over time, there will be wax that have melted down the sides and pooled on the two platforms. I'm helping that process along now.




No comments:

Post a Comment