Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Review: Double Fault by Lionel Shriver



Sometimes I get sucked in and I keep waiting for the story to turn around. Alas, it didn't. Don't read this one.


I have really enjoyed other books by this author but this one left me disappointed. Willy is what some would describe as a child prodigy when it comes to Tennis but she's starting on the downside as she is now in her twenties. She continues to climb the ranks in hope of reaching the highest echelons but it's starting to unravel even if she doesn't know it yet.

While she is still cocky she meets Eric and begins a relationship with the aspiring tennis pro who only recently has joined the game and the rankings.

I think this story is to describe the conflict of both athletic competition and personal relationships but it left me finding them all really vapid and boring. The ending did not help me at all and I ended up disliking all of the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment