Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Review: Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Let's start that this is by the author of Fight Club. 

 

While I haven't read it (yet) I did see the movie. This means I should have been prepared for the wild ride and all the twists right up to the end.

 

This book was very different in so many ways. Shannon was an attractive model with everything on the surface, much like a glossy fashion magazine. She had the looks and the perfect body, a career, a best friend and the faithful boy friend from vice.

But life isn't always that it seems if you peel back the layers. Fast forward (the book does this a lot by the way, it goes back and forth) to Shannon after the accident. She was shot while driving down the freeway and is disfigured. She lost half her face and can no longer communicate verbally.

So begins the wild ride (I know I keep saying that but it's true) as she travels across the county with a drag queen in the middle of her transformation to a woman and an accomplice behind her veils as she comes to terms of her new life.

That's all I'm going to say. I'm not going to ruin it for you! Recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment